Brief note on elections I am not discussing here

Denver Riggleman.  Virginia congressional candidate.

There are a variety of literary sub-genres.  I like books.  Don't you?  I also like weird elections and weird candidates.  One might notice a conspicuous absence of certain discussions here, given Riggleman's... proclivities.  I am choosing not to discuss his interest in cryptozoology and certain related... how shall I put this... definition of a species?  According to the most common definition of a species in biology, two critters are members of the same species if they are capable of producing fertile offspring.

Why am I going about this post in this manner?

Spam.  There.  I said it.

I get spam, because of this blog.  Some of it is what you might expect, and it is simply generated by spambots.  For example, I wrote a series of posts on bitcoin, which I truly think is one of the better bitcoin take-downs around (wrap-up here, with links to each individual post).  Spambots, though, simply look for any mention of the word, "bitcoin," or "blockchain," or anything like that, and attempt to post comments with links to scam websites taking idiots' money.  You don't see those because I have comment moderation on.  Those comments get sent to my email account.  I tell the blog not to post them because they are spam, delete them, and go about my day.  Eh.  Annoying, but if that's the worst thing that happens to you, your life is awesome.

I have, on occasion, tackled other kinds of topics.  Does anyone remember Rep. Joe Barton?  Do you remember his political scandal?  I wrote a post about it.  It was one of those facepalm type of posts.  And then, you can understand what kind of spam that generated.

Sent to my email account, because of comment moderation.  My University email account.

Now that you're back from that laughing fit, have you read about Denver Riggleman's cryptid fascination?  And the... direction that some of his... thinking... takes about certain large... cryptids?

Now do you understand why I'm not writing about Denver Riggleman?

Subscribe to receive free email updates: