Editor's Note

I am helping organize relief efforts for Ukrainian refugees. Meeting the CEO of a large pharmaceutical chain in Quebec within the hour. They have committed to send a lot of vital meds to help the thousands of refugees who are now pouring into Poland and Hungary. They just want to know who to send it to, how will certain meds be maintained (insulin, etc.), and how will it be distributed. 

I have a representative from the Ukrainian embassy in my home right now having coffee with my 95 year old mom who is going to be with me in this meeting. When I l called the embassy early this morning telling them the situation and that I needed help, without even knowing me they sent someone right away who knows what needs to be done. He looks exhausted but he is overwhelmed with the help that ordinary Canadians are giving.

Needless to say I am going to be busy this afternoon, and blogging will return later today.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: